Dürr Ecoclean wins CMJ Technology Innovation Award in China
Experts acclaim technical and economic performance of the EcoCBase W3 cleaning system
Filderstadt / Beijing, June 2012 - In mid-June, a CMJ Machine-building and Metal-working Award was bestowed on Dürr Ecoclean in recog-nition of its development of the EcoCBase W3 cleaning system. With this distinction, presented for the first time in eight categories in 2012 by the China National Machine Tool Corporation in conjunction with the CMJ Chinamac Journal (a specialized technical periodical) and Adsale Publishing House, the award-givers acknowledge innovative technologies and outstanding accomplishments in the machine tool building and toolmaking sector. In all, 40 companies won the coveted prize.
The CMJ Machine-building & Metal-working Awards were presented in the categories of exceptional technological innovation relating to machine tools, cutting tools, testing equipment, lubricants, parts and accessories, as well as for best customer service, high corporate social responsibility and major market influence. Applications had been invited from companies around the world. Among the 40 winning entrants, Dürr Ecoclean was the only manufacturer of cleaning machines. As a globally active equipment manufacturer, Dürr Ecoclean convinced the experts with its EcoCBase W3, a compact aqueous-based cleaning system. This powerful yet cost-efficient machine distinguishes itself by innovative process features resulting in enhanced cleaning and energy efficiency. One such capability is the choice offered between hot cleaning at 65°C and cold cleaning at around 35°C. Moreover, the standard machine package includes a vacuum dryer which delivers 100% dry parts even after cold cleaning while saving up to 50% energy compared to conventional technology. Thanks to its modular design, the EcoCBase W3 is adaptable to diverse cleaning tasks encountered in the metalworking industry. These range from single-stage processes through intermediate wash and rinse cycles up to sophisticated final cleaning operations involving washing, rinsing and preservation steps. The award-giving ceremony took place on 13 June in Beijing within the framework of the CIMES trade fair, China International Machine Tool & Tools Exhibition. Of the award winners, 70% were selected by research and academic experts while the remaining 30% were determined through a poll taken among the readers of CMJ Chinamac Journal.
Dürr Ecoclean Group is the leading provider of industrial cleaning, automation and filtration solutions. The group provides innovative standard equipment, custom-designed system solutions and services to the automotive industry and its suppliers, as well as to general markets around the globe. As a member of the Dürr group of companies, Dürr Ecoclean maintains operating sites in Germany, France, Czech Republic, the U.S., China and India.
Dürr is a mechanical and plant engineering group that holds leading positions in the world market in its areas of operation. It generates a good 80% of its sales in business with the automotive industry. It also supplies the aircraft, machinery, chemical, and pharmaceutical industries with innovative production and environmental technology. The Dürr Group operates in the market with four divisions. Paint and Assembly Systems plans and builds paintshops and final assembly systems for the automobile industry. Application Technology provides automated paint application, sealing, and glueing with its robot technologies. Machinery and systems from the Measuring and Process Systems division are used in engine and transmission manufacturing and in final vehicle assembly, among other areas. The fourth division, Clean Technology Systems, is focused on processes to improve energy efficiency and on exhaust air purification. Dürr has 50 business locations in 23 countries worldwide and approximately 7,100 employees. The Group achieved sales of € 1.9 billion in 2011.