Overview: Acquisition HOMAG Group AG
- In October 2014, Dürr acquired a 55.9 % stake in the HOMAG Group AG for € 228 million. The takeover was funded from cash reserves.
- In April 2018, Dürr increased its stake in HOMAG by 8 % to 63.9 %. Dürr purchased the additional shares from the Schuler-Klessmann shareholder group for € 34.8 million. Dürr acquired the majority of the 8 % equity stake by exercising a call option for 7.05 % of the HOMAG Group's share capital.
- Dürr joined the Schuler/Klessmann share pool with 11 % of HOMAG shares. The pool controls 25.1% of the shares. As a result, Dürr secures 77.9 % of the voting rights of HOMAG Group AG, directly and indirectly, for the most important resolutions.
- HOMAG fulfills Dürr’s acquisition criteria: world-market leader in mechanical engineering, potential for operational improvement, additional mainstay besides the automotive business.
- A domination and profit and loss transfer agreement was concluded at the 2015 extraordinary annual general meeting and was entered in the Commercial Register in mid-March 2015.