(Ad-hoc) Dürr is reviewing strategic options for further developing cleaning and surface processing technology
04/12/2016 - Dürr AG - WKN 556520 / ISIN DE0005565204
Dürr AG - WKN 556520 / ISIN DE0005565204
Bietigheim-Bissingen, April 12, 2016 – Dürr AG is currently reviewing various strategic options for the future focus and further growth of the Dürr Ecoclean Group, a leading company in the field of cleaning and surface processing technology. The objective is to enter into a strategic partnership, though a minority position for Dürr through to selling the operations off are possible, too.
The business unit was successfully refocused over the past few years, enabling it to lastingly turn its profitability around. In 2015 it recorded sales of around € 200 million and an EBIT margin of around 6 %. Dürr Cleaning and Surface Processing operates in a growing, though fragmented market characterized by a high number of competitors. Almost two-thirds of sales are transacted with the automotive industry and its suppliers, with Dürr Ecoclean also servicing the precision engineering, optical and medical technology industries.
The Dürr Group is one of the world’s leading mechanical and plant engineering companies. Dürr products, systems and services provide the basis for highly efficient production processes in different industries. Business with automotive OEMs and components suppliers generates roughly 60% of its sales revenues. Other sectors which Dürr addresses include mechanical engineering, the chemical and pharmaceutical industry and – following the acquisition of the HOMAG Group in October 2014 – the woodworking industry. Dürr has 92 business locations in 28 countries. With just under 15,000 employees, the Group generated sales revenues of € 3.77 billion in 2015. The Group operates in the market via five divisions:
- Paint and Final Assembly Systems: paintshops and final assembly systems for the automotive industry
- Application Technology: robot technologies for the automated application of paint, sealants and adhesives
- Measuring and Process Systems: balancing and cleaning equipment as well as testing and filling technology
- Clean Technology Systems: exhaust-air purification systems and energy efficiency technology
- Woodworking Machinery and Systems: machinery and equipment for the woodworking industry
The executive board
End of disclosure