Change at the top of Dürr’s Supervisory Board
Bietigheim-Bissingen, October 5, 2017 – Klaus Eberhardt is stepping down as Chairman of the Dürr AG Supervisory Board at the end of 2017 at his own request, and this will also mark his departure from the Supervisory Board. His successor as Chairman of the Supervisory Board will be Karl-Heinz Streibich, CEO of Software AG and currently Further Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board. Dr. Rolf Breidenbach has been proposed as a new member of the Dürr Supervisory Board.
A member of the Supervisory Board since 2011, Mr. Streibich was unanimously elected as new Chairman at yesterday's meeting. Dr. Breidenbach is due to be appointed by court effective January 1, 2018. He has been CEO of HELLA KGaA Hueck & Co. since 2004; prior to this he was a partner at the McKinsey management consultancy.
Klaus Eberhardt says the reason for his departure is his wish to focus on his remaining Supervisory Board mandates: "Dürr is seeing sustained positive development and is strategically well positioned for future challenges. Now is the right time for a handover." His future successor, Karl-Heinz Streibich, adds: "We fully understand Klaus Eberhardt's decision and thank him for five years of successful work in his role as Chairman of the Supervisory Board."
The Dürr Group is one of the world's leading mechanical and plant engineering firms with outstanding automation expertise. Products, systems and services offered by the Group enable highly efficient manufacturing processes in different industries. Dürr supplies not only the automotive industry but also other sectors such as the mechanical engineering, chemical and pharmaceutical industries, and the woodworking industry. Dürr has 86 business locations in 28 countries. The Group generated sales of € 3.57 billion in 2016. The Group has around 14,400 employees and operates in the market with five divisions:
- Paint and Final Assembly Systems: paintshops and final assembly systems for the automotive industry
- Application Technology: robot technologies for the automated application of paint, sealants and adhesives
- Measuring and Process Systems: balancing equipment as well as assembly, testing and filling technology
- Clean Technology Systems: exhaust-air purification systems and energy efficiency technology
- Woodworking Machinery and Systems: machinery and equipment for the woodworking industry