Universal has a legacy of technology innovation for the energy generation industry through engineered solutions of acoustic and emission/filtration systems. The Account Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining current customer relationships and identifying and developing new customers for utility applications. This will include all discussions and negotiations with the aim to grow sales and expand opportunities. The Account Manager works in cooperation with Engineering and Project Management to ensure technical product alignment with customer specifications.
Responsible and accountable to keep Sales and Business Development leadership informed on all pertinent information which directly affects: sales, customer negotiations and discussions, competitive actions, or our business policy to provide quality products and services to its customers.
- Build strong relationships with new and existing customers to drive sales growth
- Primary focus will be to actively pursue/qualify new accounts, markets, and products that match our core competencies
- Ownership of sales, market planning, performance metrics, forecasting and reporting, market pricing and margins
- Obtain knowledge in the application and general design of company products and ability to convey this in an effective manner to customers
- Effectively communicate customer needs to internal key stakeholders in engineering, project management, and operations
- Respond to requests for quotes, meeting the quotation deadline established by the customer
- Understand customer’s motives, needs and specifications
- Negotiate contracts in alignment with standard terms and conditions to achieve customer requirements and business goals
- Demonstrate to customers that they have a strong advocate tied to common goals, along with the positive results they can expect from our business relationship
- Preserve and improve the profit margins for all product and services sold using a keen sense of market trends
- Provide sales forecast data to anticipate upcoming opportunities
- Facilitate resolution of customer complaints to ensure successful product implementation
- Domestic travel required: 40-75%%
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in relationship-based sales of a technical product in a manufacturing environment is required
- A strong technical background and experience interfacing with an Engineering team is preferred
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office applications, SAP, and Salesforce is preferred
- Sales results and goal oriented with ability to balance multiple projects
- High energy level with a strong work ethic, well organized, and possesses strong analytical and reasoning abilities necessary in the art of "closing the deal"
- Must be a team player with ability to work in a diverse group
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive while developing positive long term relationships with customers, coworkers, and representatives
- Must be a people person with well-developed interpersonal skills. An innate ability to get along with diverse personalities; tactful, mature and flexible
- Problem solving skills and abilities with a collaborative approach
- Personal commitment to Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) principles that aligns with the core value where, “We strive to finish each and every day incident and injury free.”
- Dedication to integrity and performing all business transactions with the highest ethical conduct
- This position requires the ability to sit at a desk and move about inside an office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Consistently operates a computer and other office equipment such as a, copy machine, computer printer, calculator, mobile device, etc.
- Ability to regularly communicate, verbally and or written, with employees, management, vendors and customers
- Frequent travel by car and airplane to customer sites and company meetings
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta
Work Locations: Atlanta, GA (100) 2302 Parklake Dr NE Atlanta 30345
Job Type: Salaried - Salaried Full Time Exempt