The Designer is responsible for generating and managing electrical drawings, sketches required to effectively fabricate, install and/or commission various types of paint finishing equipment.
- Utilize a computer aided design (CAD) system to create electrical panel and schematic drawings (AutoCad and ePlan)
- Produce drawings within project schedule
- Effectively communicate and interact with engineers and project managers
- Control the distribution and archiving of drawings and documents
- Attend and contribute to design review meetings
- Understand electrical standards for detailing of equipment (NEC, UL508, etc)
- Develop electrical riser drawings
- Develop dimensioned equipment layout drawings
- Interface with Electrical Project Engineers to create: Electrical Schematics, Electrical layout drawings, Electrical Cabinet Dimensioned Cut-Out details, Bill of Materials, Final documentation for the Electrical Engineering Department
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree in CAD and electrical design preferred
- 2 or more years of experience
- Experience with E-Plan software preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD required
- Familiar with mechanical schematics & layouts
- Familiar with Process & Instrumentation Diagrams
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings
- Ability to perform basic engineering calculations
- Strong skills in math
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good time management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good written communication skills
- Able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Adaptable to change in a learning environment
- Self-starter capable of executing assigned tasks and solving problems in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays when necessary
While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition or disability, height, weight, or any other protected status. We maintain a drug-free work place and perform pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Note to all Staffing Agencies: Dürr has a team of dedicated Human Resources professionals who are responsible for all hiring needs. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors on an as needed basis. We do not accept resumes from agencies that are not on our preferred vendor list and have not signed our Recruiting and Permanent Placement Contract. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and Dürr will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
Primary Location: US-MI-Southfield
Work Locations: 26801 Northwestern Highway Southfield, MI 48033