The main responsibility of the Customer Service Specialist is the onsite support of Dürr finishing and sealing equipment in Birmingham, Alabama and the surrounding area. This includes hands-on technical assistance, spare parts management, and sales lead generation.
- Test and repair of equipment and customer site
- Provide all hands on technical assistance to Dürr automation equipment
- Provide emergency service and telephone support
- Provide start-up and commissioning at customer site
- Supervise and coordinate activities of contractors
- Responsible for consignment cabinet, staging, inventory, repair, emergency service, deliveries, and equipment health checks
- Provide reports as necessary
- Travel approximately 50%
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High school Diploma
- 5 + years' experience in a service role
- Knowledge of Dürr parts, part numbers, and installations preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Ability to foster a positive work environment that encourages achievement of team objectives, customer satisfaction and company goals
- Good time management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Able to effectively communicate with service department, suppliers, and customers
- Able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Able to technically define problems and propose solutions
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays when necessary
While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, kneel, crawl; and use hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision. Employee must be able to fly and drive. Employee must be able to climb stairs and ladders, wearing appropriate fall protection as needed. Incumbent is required to work with and near equipment such as industrial fans, pumps, etc. in a manufacturing setting. They must also be able to operate motorized equipment such as a scissor lift or man lift.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition or disability, height, weight, or any other protected status. We maintain a drug-free work place and perform pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Note to all Staffing Agencies: Dürr has a team of dedicated Human Resources professionals who are responsible for all hiring needs. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors on an as needed basis. We do not accept resumes from agencies that are not on our preferred vendor list and have not signed our Recruiting and Permanent Placement Contract. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and Dürr will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
Primary Location: US-SC-Charleston
Work Locations: 26801 Northwestern Highway Southfield, MI 48033