Polished aluminum wheels are very popular with end customers, but producing them often requires a special process sequence. Using a diamond blade after the painting process makes the rims look stunning. Once the material has been bright-turned, another clear coat is applied to protect the finished surface.
Dürr provides end-to-end, customized turnkey paint shop solutions for aluminum wheels, from cleaning and chemical conversion for effective corrosion protection through painting and curing to air pollution control.
Dürr Group companies Olpidürr and Verind, both Italian subsidiaries, are centers of excellence in aluminum wheel painting. They have a worldwide reputation for comprehensive system integration and high-end application technology.
- Tailored greenfield and brownfield plants
- Comprehensive process expertise and high-quality technologies:
- CFD simulation and initial concept planning
- Pretreatment and dip coating
- Spray booths and robot application systems
- Oven systems
- Conveyor systems
- High-performance automatic control and digital connection
- Air pollution control
- Professional implementation and start-up management
- Spare parts service, inspection and maintenance
- Service locations worldwide