Shop floor meets IT – Dürr has combined its plant engineering and IT skills into one software solution to pave the way for the future of production control.
The iTAC.MES.Suite – the next generation of production control – was developed from the successful EcoEMOS Manufacturing Execution System and iTAC software components.
Various applications of iTAC.MES.Suite can be found in automotive body, paint and assembly shops as well as car body storage and plant overviews. This software solution has been installed in numerous plants worldwide.
- Best-in-class for shop floor IT
- Future-oriented software technology
- Maximum IT security
- Modularity and flexibility
- Enhanced portfolio with maximum scalability
- Basis for I 4.0 and IoT developments
The SCADA module provides the foundation for all functionalities in the iTAC.MES.Suite.
By monitoring all connected production participants, equipment faults and problems as well as their location, their status can be identified quickly and efficiently. A sophisticated equipment monitoring solution with text-based registration of alarm and operation messages provides operators with access to historical data and evaluations. These evaluations and tools increase transparency at all operational levels from the maintenance department to plant management.
iTAC.MES.Suite SCADA is the perfect monitoring tool for modern production, no matter what hardware you use.
- Centralized record of alarms and operation
- Statistical analysis of datapoints
- Monitoring of individual PLC channels
- Reaction time: reduction through transparent data analysis
- Accelerated maintenance: text-based alarming with location identification
- Maximized availability: redundancy of data connection to PLC
Manufacturing facilities depend heavily on product tracking and identification. iTAC.MES.Suite Tracking delivers the perfect solution for real-time monitoring of vehicle position throughout the factory. The Tracking module allows operators to localize individual vehicles moving through the production and to access the complete vehicle dataset for each vehicle.
By using designated vehicle color-coding, operators can not only pinpoint exact positions but also quickly identify production bottlenecks. Using a visual search function, car bodies can be highlighted by making them blink on the overview screen. This feature is particularly useful when testing new vehicle types or when tracking audit vehicles through production.
This module provides the foundation for sequencing and color-batching in combination with the iTAC.MES.Suite Storage Control module.
- Product tracking and position
- Access to complete vehicle dataset
- Assessment of fill levels from a central control room
- Flexibility: independent integration of all identification systems (e.g. RFID, barcode, punch plate)
- Transparency: production status at a glance
- Control: routing decisions based on real-time information
iTAC.MES.Suite Visual Management is a dedicated tool for production line management. Designated overview screens quickly portray production status and highlight disturbances. The system provides key performance indicators (KPIs) for individual production segments as well as the whole factory.
These reports can be broken down for each individual cycle and include production numbers and status. Furthermore, the correlation of production stops with model- and type-specific vehicle information allows operators to create dedicated downtime evaluations. Downtime hotspots can therefore be identified in order to focus training and optimization efforts on specific cycles or vehicle types.
- Model- and type-specific reports
- Overview of downtimes including reason
- Production benchmarking with KPIs
- Productivity: reduction in production line stops
- Line-analysis: improvement through targeted assessment
- Focused optimization: identification of problematic body types or stations
The iTAC.MES.Suite Energy module supports close monitoring of consumption and energy values in the plant to reduce costs and emissions and keep production running at its best. The module provides dedicated reports and tools to monitor process behavior and identify values that have exceeded thresholds. Using integrated production counters, the system calculates average product values as well as area summaries in order to identify process trends.
iTAC.MES.Suite Energy gives customers detailed control over their energy consumption. Automatic switching commands that utilize the plant’s personnel and production schedule save energy and simplify plant operation. Aside from simple switching commands, special functions like the dimming of lights can be integrated during break times.
- Area-specific consumption monitoring
- Automatic switching according to production schedule (e.g. lighting)
- Direct comparison between plant segments
- Reduction of costs: improved energy consumption
- Predictability: monitoring of trends and abnormalities
- Product quality: monitoring of consumption per vehicle
Maintenance tasks play an important part in a highly efficient plant, which is why digital maintenance systems are seeing increased use. The iTAC.MES.Suite Maintenance offers many advantages by preventing redundancy, providing standardized user management, and continuously monitoring maintenance results. This data serves as the basis for additional evaluations to predict medium- and long-term process developments and to plan any required countermeasures in good time.
Digital preparation of maintenance tasks reduces working times thanks to sensible planning and timely information about process deviations, as well as fast, specific identification of the required spare parts.
- Recording maintenance tasks for tools and utilities
- Monitoring static and dynamic maintenance intervals
- Providing an overview of daily maintenance tasks
- Greater availability: monitoring periodic maintenance intervals
- Less maintenance: dynamic monitoring maximizes service life
Modern quality control requires a complete overview of all relevant data. The iTAC.MES.Suite Quality module reinvents the data entry and evaluation of quality information. A model-specific overview of each car body facilitates the input of location, fault type and necessary rework.
After completing the rework process the operator can tag the faults as acknowledged and repaired, completing the vehicle’s digital quality fingerprint.
With purpose-designed reports, operators and managers get instant feedback on production performance and are able to identify hotspots with quality faults intuitively. Not only does this increase transparency but it also allows operators to react to system faults more quickly and eliminate them before they cause additional production losses.
- Paperless quality management
- Long-term storage of quality information
- Real-time reports
- Customer-specific fault codes and names
- Reactivity: real-time feedback about product quality
- Transparency: complete record of fault detection and rectification
- Usability: integration of mobile devices
Storage systems are an important part of successful logistics at a plant. Dürr’s iTAC.MES.Suite Storage Control enables you to take active, targeted control of your storage areas. The module provides fully customizable management of inbound and outbound vehicles for high bay storages and flat buffers.
An intuitive storage overview provides rapid feedback on content and cell status. Information on each vehicle can be accessed with just one click. In addition to fully automatic operation the system can be managed manually in order to extract individual car bodies out of sequence.
Using a rule-based approach, operators have access to tailor-made tools to stabilize production and increase overall quality. With access to the complete vehicle dataset, the system can optimize the sequence of outbound vehicles to address common production restrictions such as color batching in the paint shop or variant sequencing in assembly.
Based on Dürr’s long-term experience in planning and commissioning production and assembly lines, the Storage Control module enables precise alignment between sequence targets and production restrictions.
- Various standard rules (hold, urgency, workload, sequence)
- Individual rules (configurable)
- Emergency input
- Webcam functionality
- Route and time optimization
- Display of various vehicle parameters
- Real-time sequence optimization
- Optimized material flow
- Less rework
- Less downtime
- Flexible model mix
- Compact warehouse layout
The iTAC.MES.Suite Traceability module is an effective tool in cutting costs and increasing final product quality. It compiles a gap-free data record of each individual car body. Using the existing sensors and equipment on the shop floor, customers can choose which process behavior should be tracked and added to each vehicle’s history.
A product and process oriented search function enables operators to quickly identify faulty car bodies and flag them for an additional quality inspection. Alarm and operating messages are included so that production optimization potential can be identified.
- Complete vehicle lifecycle record
- Automatic flagging of vehicles with potential faults
- Combination of tracking and process information
- Full Transparency: correlate quality problems with process faults to optimize production
- Increased production stability
- Focused quality checks: focus spot-checks on vehicles with process faults
The iTAC.MES.Suite Production Planning module ensures smooth and efficient production by creating synergies between the world of MES and Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS). It compiles the most cost-effective production plan in the APS module using mathematical optimization. The results are based on seven weighted target criteria that allow the operator to fine-tune the production plan in real time. A variety of different factors needs to be taken into consideration including the availability of staff, material and machinery as well as their respective working schedules.
Integration with iTAC.MES.Suite also incorporates non-static production factors. APS optimizes the production schedule in real time based on feedback from live production. If a task requires more time because of quality issues, the software adjusts the remaining processes to keep production running smoothly. Integration of the APS module allows operators to respond to the dynamic behavior of modern automotive facilities more effectively and thus increase overall performance.
- Calculation of optimum production sequence
- Fine-tuning of sequence based on seven weighted criteria
- Visual representation of planning results
- Real-time feedback from production
- Manual modification of sequence
- Automatic optimization: continuous calculation of sequence based on production feedback
- Cost-savings: reduction of costs through maximized resource utilization
- Customizability: manual sequence modification by operators
- Predictability: integration of maintenance tasks and equipment uptime
The iTAC.MES.Suite Material & Logistics module integrates all functions and components required for JIT/JIS production as standard.
Growing demands on logistics – customer-specific requirements, transparent procedures, smaller inventories, higher productivity and more inexpensive end products – are driving concepts like the JIT/JIS principle. A software solution tailored to these requirements as part of an integrated MES offers clear advantages.
The iTAC.MES.Suite avoids incorrect production steps through active traceability and interlocking processes for individual machines. Quality problems are recognized in real time during the production process. This means you can analyze causes and evaluate solutions systematically and promptly in a continuous improvement process. In turn, you can monitor control of individual production steps in detail and trace them in assembly lines.
- Monitoring and releasing individual process steps
- Recording quality values in production processes
- Guided assembly processes
- Product quality: fewer assembly errors
- Traceability: automatic quality documentation
Modern factories generate a wealth of information waiting to be accessed and analyzed. As a central database in an automotive factory, the iTAC.MES.Suite provides the perfect foundation for a powerful enterprise reporting tool.
The iTAC.MES.Suite Business Intelligence (BI) module is tailor-made for this scenario. Thanks to the integration of Information Hub (iHub) from OpenText, operators have access to a series of tools and features designed to tackle needs throughout all levels of production – from line operator to plant manager. With access to the complete dataset in the iTAC.MES.Suite, operators can generate highly detailed reports on equipment performance while managers have the ability to summarize production status in customer-specific Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
A powerful and highly configurable editor provides the foundation for custom reports without administrative system expertise. The web-based interface allows users to generate dashboards on the go without access to a stationary computer.
Stability and responsiveness are key factors of the system. When running reports across large amounts of data, the performance of production control mechanisms must not be compromised. For this purpose the Business Intelligence module is kept on a separate server instance. Furthermore, cache-based data replication allows reports to access a real-time copy without putting additional load on the productive database.
- Dedicated reports for the automotive industry
- Real-time calculation of KPIs for all areas
- Access to complete dataset within the iTAC.MES.Suite
- Uniform design and full integration in the iTAC.MES.Suite
- Performance-oriented redundant data storage
- Production optimization: identification of bottlenecks
- User-specific dashboards: intuitive modification via drag & drop
- Long-term trends: visualized representation of production trends
- Device independence: reports on any device, mobile or desktop
When moving into the realm of IoT solutions, the MES System plays a key role in providing analytics tools with structured, product-specific data. iTAC.MES.Suite Smart Data Analytics provides the foundation for comprehensive, state-of-the-art correlation analytics and fault pattern identification.
In combination with software tools from the ADAMOS GmbH portfolio, the maintenance department has access to dedicated automotive trend analytics, pattern recognition tools, root-cause scenarios and data correlation algorithms. These purpose-made solutions make maintenance tasks more predictable, and advanced warnings reduce downtime.
For more information, visit our LOXEO website.