- Based from our Head office in Warwick, with a mix of office, home and site based work, you will be part of our Mechanical Engineering Team, responsible for Project Engineering for Fluid Systems.
- You will plan, supervise, conduct and report on project engineering activities for all fluid system requirements in conjunction with technical authorities and other members of the project team.
- You will provide engineering expertise to sales and proposals on fluid systems in conjunction with the relevant technical authorities.
- Qualified to a minimum of HNC/D level or equivalent in a relevant field such as Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, you will be fully conversant with the principles of fluid dynamics and able to:
- design effective pipework distribution systems to deliver utility or process fluid requirements
- determine appropriate pipe diameters according to limiting pressure loss or velocity
- undertake system resistance calculations and determine pump capacities
- select appropriate pump and associated equipment types according to application.
- You will be experienced with a range of fluid handling systems (typically paint circulation systems, building utility systems, and/or industrial chemical delivery systems) including pipework distribution, storage and conditioning facilities (e.g. temperature control/agitation), pumps, pipeline components (to fulfil isolation, regulation, filtration, safety, drainage, venting requirements etc).
- You will have the ability to understand and assess customer requirements, plan project work and have an understanding of project cost control.
- You will have a methodical work ethic with strong communication and problem solving skills. You will be self-motivated and have the ability to prioritise and plan workloads while working under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- You will have a high standard of computer literacy and oral & written communication skills to be able to converse at all levels and build productive working relationships within the organisation as well as with inter-group personnel, customers and suppliers.
- You will need to have a flexible approach to meet industry needs and be able to work independently and within a team.