The event will open on 12th March 2010 (Friday) with an experts’ forum on current topics in painting technology geared towards production and planning managers. From 15th to 19th March 2010 (Monday to Friday) industry experts can get information during each one-day tour. In the process, product demonstrations and lectures will show how innovative Dürr technologies contribute to more economical energy and resource consumption. All information is offered to the international public in both German and English.
The technological highlights of the 2010 Dürr Open House are:
- EcoBell3 - The completely new paint atomizer is suitable for all applications and represents a quantum leap for more performance and less complexity.
- Interior car body cleaning - For the first time, Dürr will present a cleaning robot with suction/blowing equipment for cleaning car body interiors.
- Ecopaint Gluing - Automated gluing processes in body shell construction and final assembly lower unit costs, increase quality and save resources - Dürr shows an example of this with an installation for windshield glazing.
- EcoDryScrubber - The dry separation of overspray saves up to 60% of energy and unit costs.
- Aquence - An environmentally friendly chemical auto-deposition process that produces high-quality corrosion protection with few process steps in pretreatment and cathodic dipcoating.
- Ecoclean “SnapPlanner“ - The planning tool for cleaning, automation and filtration technology as well as testing & assembly.
- Efficient solutions for final assembly, for example filling installations and end of line test stands.
- Balancing technology for various industrial areas.
- Complete solutions for aircraft construction - from assembly and painting technology to conveyor and supervisory controls systems.
This year, the Dürr Open House will take place in Bietigheim-Bissingen for the first time on the newly arranged Dürr campus. Dürr has brought together their German activities in painting, environmental and assembly technology under one roof at their ca. 1500 employee central location that was finished in the middle of 2009.
The central component of the campus project was the expansion of the existing technology center. This world's largest R&D complex of its kind now offers a total of 9000 square meters for the development and demonstration of new products. In addition, Dürr uses the technology center to test new painting, sealing, gluing and assembly processes for mass production in collaboration with their customers. Among other things, several robot spray booths, a RoDip dipcoating system, an EcoDryScrubber dry separation system, as well as several sealing and gluing systems are available.