- Review customer RFQs and assure compliance with requirements, specifications and clearly identify exceptions to be taken.
- Clearly define the scope of work and develop associated cost estimates.
- Review vendor and subcontractor quotes for compliance with specifications and completeness of scope
- Work with Sales team to communicate with the Customer both directly and indirectly
- Drive product improvement and standardization of designs.
The ideal candidate for this role has a mechanical and electrical aptitude and is comfortable problem-solving issues on industrial equipment. The successful candidate will be capable of translating those solutions into proposals for customers as well as communicating them with the Operations team for project execution.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering is preferred but not required
- Experience in Engineering, Application Engineering a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of process equipment design
- Ability to understand fabrication and field installation criteria and the ability to develop preliminary scopes of work for outside pricing activities
- Ability to create and maintain project schedules
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Able to effectively interface with engineering and estimating departments, contractors, suppliers, and customers
- Occasional travel may be required with Sales and Operations 0-5% travel
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays when necessary
- The position will be located in De Pere, WI.