- We have a vacancy for a Field Service Engineer to assist with the maintenance, start-up and commissioning of emission abatement and printing equipment at our customer’s premises throughout the UK and Ireland, with occasional work elsewhere in the world.
- You will be working on regenerative thermal oxidisers, which form a major part of our abatement technology, this also includes air pollution control systems. You will also be working on splicers and dryers for the printing side of our business.
- In many instances, both the abatement and printing equipment is vital to the continued operation of the customer’s process, so prompt and proper maintenance is essential.
- As a Field Service Engineer, you will be based from home (ideally residing in the North of England - Sheffield / Manchester / Liverpool areas) and deployed to jobs by the Service Team based in our Warrington office .
- Much of your work will be pre-planned Preventive Maintenance, where key parts are renewed and a thorough system review is carried out, including all safety features and interlocks. However, call-outs at short notice also feature and you must be willing to travel to customer premises at short notice. When not deployed, you will be expected to be at home, on-call, ready to travel and attend customer premises if required. Some weekend work will be required as necessary.
- Work may involve entry into confined spaces (training provided).
- You will be an experienced electro mechanical Engineer, ideally from a Field Service background in a relevant environment.
- You will have experience of servicing industrial equipment (dryers, process fans, valve systems).
- You must have experience of fault finding and rectification.
- Knowledge of environctmental industries, process engineering and commissioining experience would be desirable but not essential.
- Experience or the ability to seek out selling opportunities for products and services is required.
- Ability to read and understand Process and Instrumentation Diagrams.
- Good electrical knowledge – motors, low voltage instrumentation, loop controls, testing, commissioning and trouble-shooting.
- Ability to read and understand electrical drawings.
- PLC programming knowledge (ABB and Siemens) would be useful
- Experience of the erection of small to medium steel structures and accurate placement of a variety of equipment, including lining and levelling.
- Mechanically competent – able to carry out maintenance work on mechanical components and assemblies (fitter support will be provided for major works).
- To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org