- Operate safely all basic equipment that is part of the fabrication department such as hand brake, shear, saw, drill press, hand plasma, grinders, cutting wheels, etc.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance on welding equipment as indicated by supervisor.
- Experience with folk lift and crane operation to transport material and or equipment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of all established standard operating procedures.
- Assist supervisor in maintaining 5-S program.
- Follow all safety and PPE requirements per established company policies.
- Perform welding tasks (steel, stainless steel) upon completion of welding test.
- Understanding of NDT such as dye checking welds.
- Communicate ideas for improved operational processes to reduce cost, improve quality, and increase through-put.
- Assist supervisors with organizing, planning and communicating production related tasks.
- Lead by example.
- Blueprint reading
- Possess the ability to apply basic math skills using decimal and fractions.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and use an imperial and metric tape measures.
- Must possess a technical welding degree or welding work experience.
- Certification to AWS D1.1, D1.3 ad D1.6 is preferred