- Utilize a computer aided design (CAD) system to create drawings (2D ACAD and 3D Solidworks).
- Exercise critical judgment in creating designs that perform functionally and meet project specifications while considering key aspects of safety, cost, code compliance, ability to fabricate, ergonomics and aesthetics.
- Use company-developed sizing calculations and perform simple analysis calculations to verify design functionality.
- Find and implement catalog components into equipment designs.
- Create Bills-of-Material, detailed drawings, and release the engineering package to manufacturing.
- Support manufacturing by answering questions and regularly inspecting the fabrication.
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings. Interpret schematics to develop complete system designs.
- Effectively communicate (verbally and written) and interact with engineering and estimating departments, contractors, suppliers and customers (limited customer contact).
- Proficient in CAD
- Associate Degree in Engineering, Mechanical Design, or related field preferred
- Experience designing sheet metal assemblies and air handling systems preferred.
- Familiar with mechanical layout, detail drawings, and basic piping preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Prior experience with Project Lifecycle Management (PLM) software (SAP, Oracle, etc…) preferred but not required.
- Strong skills in math and geometry.
- The ability to follow project schedules.
- Able to work well independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to adapt and grow in a learning environment.